Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Since the New Year I have been really good with a healthier lifestyle. I have gone for a walk nearly every day, even continuing the momentum this week since returning to work. I have improved my diet and have been eating healthily 80% of the time, including more fruit which is unheard for me (the other 20% has been a new found love of Tiny Teddies thanks to a Christmas gift from my lovely sister), and I haven't had a drink since New Year's Day.

And I'm feeling better, I've got a bit of a tan from getting outside and my legs have been getting around in shorts, something I haven't done for about 3 years!

The one thing that does need work however is my sleeping ritual!!!

When I was down the beach it was easy, the sea air makes you sleepy and each night we would have dinner about 7pm and relax for a bit before the Kookaburra's would chuckle their goodnight call at 9:15pm and off to bed we would all go. As there was no electricity and internet access was limited, I'd usually read a little bit but by 10pm I was sound asleep and would not wake until 7am the next morning. It was great, I felt refreshed :)

Back to reality. Back to electricity. And back to the internet!

I know this habit needs to change but each night I get home from work after sitting on a computer all day, go for my walk, have some dinner then out comes the computer. Then I go to bed about 10pm with my computer and about 11:30pm I'm telling myself "GO TO SLEEP". I'm not tired, I don't feel tired. That is until I try to DRAG myself out of bed at 6:30am!

This habit has GOT TO STOP! Starting tonight there will be no more computer (that includes iPhone pinning) in my bedroom.

Now all I need to do is find a way to relax and get a peaceful, refreshing nights sleep :)

Any ideas?


  1. here you go... http://diana212m.blogspot.com/2011/10/are-you-in-sleeping-pickle.html

  2. Hi Robyn!! Thank you soooo much for your very kind comment on my blog. It just made my day to hear that something I wrote impacted you like that. Very best of luck to you in 2012, and may all your dreams come true. :0